The Kims Travel To: The Robert Treman Hiking Trail in Ithaca, New York

by - July 08, 2018





Sometime last July, we got the opportunity to travel to Ithaca, New York to explore the Robert Treman Park with family. It was our first time going to Ithaca and our second time hiking together. This time it was even more special because we were able to spend time with our family and try something new together.

Before going on the hike, we spent some time having a picnic outside where we ate delicious, traditional Korean food. The layout included kimchi, galbi, and more!












The hiking trail was probably easier than some, but those steps are definitely not for the faint at heart. There were many hills and gorges we walked that were so high and so steep that they built steps out of them. There was also one where one of us actually slipped and fell (*ahem* me). It was definitely embarrassing, but it helped having family around me to help me and make sure I was okay.

I am actually petrified of heights so there were some parts of the trail that had me literally and figuratively shaking in my boots. As scary as it was, the hike was worth it because they were beautiful views that I wouldn't have seen had I followed my fear instead of enjoying the moment.











The next day after we rested a bit, we went towards the direction of the Finger Lakes with the intention of perhaps getting on one of the cruises that heads out there. However, it was very expensive and if I remember correctly, they weren't running them because of the holiday weekend, so we could not. We still enjoyed ourselves by sitting along the water, talking and watching the wildlife go by.







Overall, it was a wonderful trip and we enjoyed spending time with family while exploring somewhere new!

You May Also Like

0 comments